Two comments I often hear from seasoned women are, “TK, I’m just too old to pursue my dreams.” Or, “My best years are behind me.” And my response is, “Through your words, you are making it your reality.” Your words have power. Restructure your statement to, “My best years are ahead of me, and I am ready for a positive shift.”
Think about the emotional triggers for the words “too old.” Now capture this image: You’re a mature, mighty oak tree, strong and resilient. You keep changing, growing, and blooming into something more beautiful and spectacular every year. Are you sensing something more affirmative? These are the reasons I refer to my tribe as mature, seasoned women. This is your year to rededicate your life to your dreams.
Your best years have not come to pass. Cling to your dreams, for near are the promises of your most remarkable years.
In order to remain vibrant, we must remain engaged, and that means being dedicated to continuous self-improvement. Thinking you’re too old to begin a new path is a limiting viewpoint that you have chosen to accept, but it does not have to be your truth.
Have you ever thought about how age is an asset?
Let me help you appreciate the benefits of being a mature, seasoned woman:
• Because you’ve been around a while, you know things and have gone through some stuff.
• Over the years, you’ve overcome challenges that taught you significant life lessons.
• You’ve raised a family or have taken care of others in a variety of ways.
• You’ve gained valuable experience working inside and outside the home.
• You’ve been in situations where you needed to be creative and resourceful.
• And because of your experiences, I invite you to add to this list!
Why stop now?
You’re still here for a reason. And that reason is this is the season to shine your light. Be present for what’s next. Capitalize on your unique assets.
Be grateful for this time in your life and begin viewing your age as an advantage. You are a treasure, my dear sister. You are a valuable resource. And you can help others gain a fresh perspective. It all begins with your thoughts and attitude.
Are you familiar with the term, gerascophobia? It means a constant fear of growing older. When you think about it, everyone is growing older, no matter what age you are. Don’t allow the year on your birth certificate to hold you back. Quoting a wise adage, “Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.”
Four Action Steps to Nourish, Transform and Flourish
• Set a loving intention to change your perspective on aging.
• Begin by making a conscious decision to reframe your thoughts and words so they provide motivation to pursue your interests.
• How will viewing age as an asset breathe new life into your daily experiences?
• Close your eyes and visualize how this lifestyle change can prepare you for your amazing second half.
Need help planning your next act?
It can be challenging to maintain momentum on your own. My Sprout Your New Life™ course will give you the tools and the strong spiritual foundation to make lasting change in your life. Click here for more.
In love, peace and health--
Your feminine glow guide,
T. Kari Mitchell, M.Ed.
Certified Holistic Health Coach
When your spirit is nourished, your inner light produces an outer glow reflecting your beauty and truth.