- Soak buckwheat groats for 1 hour to release enzyme inhibitors. Rinse in strainer. Spread onto Teflon sheets and dehydrate for 4 hours or until dry and crispy. If dehydrator is not available, spread onto a heavy nonstick baking sheet and bake at 200 degrees for 1-2 hours, or until dry and crispy. Allow to thoroughly cool.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together cinnamon, vanilla, sea salt and agave nectar. Add cashew butter and thoroughly combine.
- A little at a time, add buckwheat groats to mixture. Mixture will be stiff once all ingredients have been added.
- Transfer to a 6 x 9 glass dish and distribute the mixture with a rubber spatula. Press down firmly with the back of a large spoon until the mixture is even and flat.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until your treat is cool and solid. Cut into 12 squares and enjoy.
Only 1/4 cup of agave nectar for 12 squares!