✔️ Cashews contain “good” fats, support heart health, boost the immune system, and are brimming with vitamins and minerals.
✔️ Agar agar is a gelatinous substance obtained from red seaweed and used as a thickening agent in vegan recipes. It is low in calories and has been found to promote satiety.
✔️ Nutritional yeast, also known as nooch, is a good source of vitamin B12.
1 cup raw cashews, soaked for few hours and drained
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon tamari or no soy soy-free sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon agar agar
1. In food processor, mix all ingredients, except agar agar.
2. In small saucepan, bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil and add the agar agar. Simmer and stir for 3-5 minutes, until smooth and thick.
3. The agar agar congeals fast, so quickly remove from the heat and add to the other ingredients in the food processor. Blend until creamy.
4. Pour mixture into a glass container and press down the top using spoon or spatula until even. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
5. Turn out onto a serving dish, slice and enjoy.
Add fragrant herbs to your recipe: dill weed, rosemary, etc.
Replace cashews with your favorite nuts or seeds.