- Soak prunes for 1 hour or until softened. After soaking drain off water.
- Place softened prunes with one cup of water in food processor and blend until slightly chunky. Add coconut nectar and coconut oil and pulse a few times.
- In large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine oats, flour, cinnamon, salt and anise.
- Add prune mixture to dry ingredients and thoroughly mix. Add ¼ cup water if batter is too stiff. The consistency should resemble thick cake batter.
- Transfer to a 8 inch glass baking dish and evenly distribute.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Cut into 12-16 bars and enjoy.
Only ¼ cup coconut nectar for 16 bars!