2 medium zucchinis
2 celery ribs
6 medium cremini mushrooms
1/2 medium onion
1/2 large red, orange or yellow bell pepper (seeded)
4-5 large fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon coconut nectar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1-18 ounce jar chunky diced tomatoes
1. Cut the celery, mushrooms, onion and bell pepper into large chunks and coarsely chop in the food processor, using the s-blade. Add the basil and pulse until thoroughly incorporated.
2. Marinara Sauce: Heat the olive oil in a heavy pot. Add the coarsely chopped vegetables and sautee on medium heat for 10 minutes. Add seasonings and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Noodles: Place the whole zucchini in a Spirooli Slicer or Spiralizer and make your raw zucchini noodles while your marinara sauce is simmering. Your local grocer may offer fresh packaged zucchini spirals, but it’s fun to make your own.
4. Arrange the zucchini noodles on the bottom of the dinner plates and spoon the hot marinara over the top. If you want a softer, seasoned "noodle" you can massage a little olive oil, lemon juice and salt into your zucchini noodles and steam for 1-2 minutes before adding the marinara.
5. Enjoy your wholesome meal with whole grain seed bread.